Cardiovascular Invasive Laboratory Specialist IV (Cath Lab RN)- FT Days- up to 15k Sign-on Bonus
Expiry Date :
Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
CARDIOVASCULAR INVASIVE LABORATORY SPECIALIST IV ADVENTHEALTH TAMPA
LOCATION ADDRESS:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
TOP REASONS TO WORK AT ADVENTHEALTH TAMPA
* Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
* Surgical Pioneers the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
* Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
* Awarded the Get With The Guidelines Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
* Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput
* Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based upon the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents
* Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a therapeutic cardiac laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice or performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in an electrophysiology laboratory based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Proficiently performs all cardiac and vascular procedures allowed in an AHCA Level II Adult Cardiovascular Services license facility. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) within 30 minutes for adult cardiac procedures and within 45 minutes for pediatric cardiac procedures
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Associates degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
* Coronary intervention procedure experience (minimum 500 hours in dedicated cardiac interventional laboratories at a hospital with a Level II [on-site surgery] program.) (Per State Rule 59A-3.2085, Section 17)
* Experience in complex cardiac intervention procedures _OR_
* Experience in electrophysiology diagnostic and intervention procedures _OR_
* Experience in pediatric diagnostic and intervention procedures
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
* Current valid State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The Technologist is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.