Cardiovascular Specialist – Cath Lab RN PRN
The Medical Center of Aurora
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Inside our doors you will find specialists who are engaged in research, inspired by technology, and most importantly, passionate about the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. You are joining a team of nursing and healthcare professionals that are working together to care for our patients like family. Join our family now!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the MEDICAL CENTER OF AUROR_A_, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our _CARDIAC CATH LAB TEAM_. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Our team of expert Cath Lab clinicians are experienced and highly trained to diagnose cardiac conditions as well as perform coronary and peripheral interventions. The Cardiac Cath Lab is available to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This cardiac service offers the most advanced and innovative technology. Our medical and nursing staff is trained extensively in all areas of cardiac diseases. Here is some of what you can expect from being a _CARDIOVASCULAR SPECIALIST CATH LAB REGISTERED NURSE_ with us:
* You will assume responsibility for the routine care and maintenance of radiological equipment, in addition, assumes responsibility for quality patient care, maintenance of required cath lab competencies and assistance in all aspects of invasive, or non-invasive cardiac procedures.
* Your role will be able to explain all procedures to patients to help alleviate anxiety.
* You will have the ability to work within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities, as well as you must be willing to assume on call assignments and return to facility within 30 minutes for emergency cases.
* Your role will have the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures and you must be willing to provide discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
* You will interact with physicians during routine procedures, during emergencies and to assist with interpretation of and recording of data collected.
* Your role gives primary and critical patient care and administers necessary medications per doctors orders, per physicians extender, while patient is in the lab.
* You will manage and communicate regarding pre-procedure patient preparation, as well as about post procedure processes including recovery and outpatient appointments, discharge information regarding medication, lifestyle, activities, and care of the surgical site.
What are the needed qualifications of a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Nurse?
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
* Current Colorado Registered Nurse License with current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
* 2-3 years of experience in a specialty unit (Critical Care, ED, PACU, or Radiology) preferred
* Proficiency in cardiology nursing procedures and skills, including cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation preferred
* Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, hemodynamic, and rhythm interpretation preferred
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive three-time Magnet designation for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), is a 346-bed acute care hospital located in Aurora, Colorado.
The Medical Center of Aurora is comprised of six campuses in Aurora and Centennial, Colo., including the Main Campus, located at Interstate 225 and Mississippi, the North Campus Behavioral Health and Wellness Center, Centennial Medical Plaza, Saddle Rock ER, Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Spalding Rehabilitation at P/SL, and a medical office building at Green Valley Ranch.
The Main Campus facility is a Level II Trauma Center with Primary Stroke Certification and Chest Pain Center accreditation, and has an affiliation with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children as well as the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. The Medical Center of Aurora was named to Healthgrades 2020 Americas 250 Best Hospitals, putting TMCA in the top five percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes.The Medical Center of Aurora is proud to be a part of the HealthONE system of hospitals.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUE DIVERSITY AT OUR COMPANY. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.
_FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR JOB APPLICATION OR THIS SITE PLEASE CONTACT HCAHRANSWERS AT 1- OPTION 1._