Chemical Dependency Counselor
Aurora San Diego
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
As a Chemical Dependency Counselor for Aurora Behavioral Healthcare San Diego, youll provide quality direct and indirect patient care to individuals with chemical dependency or other diagnosed issues.
* Assesses patients’ stage and extent of chemical use and comorbid mental health issues.
* Develops and implements a plan of treatment, in conjunction with members of multi-disciplinary team.
* Conducts didactic and other appropriate patient groups for both chemical dependency and duel diagnosed issues.
* Communicates with referral sources and other appropriate parties regarding patients’ progress.
* Coordinates and implements patients’ discharge.
* Attends and participates in department and other program or clinical and administrative meetings.
* Supports maintenance and development of clinical program or services.
* Provides backup services to Needs Assessment and Referral Dept.
* Participates in activities, which enhance professional growth and development.
* Providing individual and group therapy
* Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
* Ability to provide treatment planning and related documentation and record-keeping
* Skills in public speaking; thorough awareness for, and compliance with, standards of ethical care and confidentiality;
* Ability to maintain therapeutic relationship with patients who are various stages of emotional stability and recovery; self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically threatened or aggressively confronted
* High Diploma or equivalent
* CAC or CADAC certification required
* Two years of experience working with adults and adolescents with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders
* Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Dental Insurance
* 401K Retirement Plan
* Healthcare Spending Account
* Dependent Care Spending Account
* PTO Plan with Holiday Premium Pay
* Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available.)
* Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-in opportunities)
* Tuition Reimbursement