North Little Rock, Arkansas
Expiry Date :
Thu, 17 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Chemical Operators are specially trained personnel responsible for the day-to-day chemical operations of the LPRT blending plant. The candidates will work 12-hour shifts to ensure chemicals are correctly blended and stored for shipment.OPERATORS WORK 12-HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS, 4 DAYS ON AND 4 DAYS OFF.*THIS IS A SAFETY-SENSITIVE JOB FOR PURPOSES OF THE ARKANSAS MEDICAL MARIJUANA AMENDMENT*
1. Unload hazardous bulk liquids into storage tanks from tanker trucks and railcars.
2. Interface with a PLC control system to control and monitor the blending of raw materials into finished products.
3. Operate fork lifts to move drums and totes of liquid product from the packaging stations to the warehouse intake area and bulk bags from the warehouse to the operating area.
4. Position and discharge bulk solids into process equipment while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
5. Package chemical products into totes and drums and prepare them for shipment with proper labels and batch documentation.
6. Unload corrosive chemicals into process equipment while wearing appropriate PPE. This duty is performed monthly.
7. Obtain, label, and deliver samples from various containers to the laboratory.
8. Follow written procedures to perform analytical laboratory testing on process samples to verify quality.
9. Troubleshoot software, instrumentation, solids-handling, blending, and hydraulic systems.
10. Execute lock-out/tag-out procedures on equipment in preparation for maintenance activities.
11. Isolate and remove select equipment after-hours when maintenance is unavailable.
12. Execute emergency procedures in response to chemical incidents, inclement weather, or other situations that threaten the plant site. This duty is performed annually.
13. Monitor the premises after-hours via surveillance cameras located around the property.
14. Maintain the cleanliness of the operating area in keeping with food-contact standards.
15. Other duties as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Career Readiness Certificate-Must be a silver or higher
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Other, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, stand and bend frequently.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Experience in the chemical or manufacturing industry
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Moderate diversity, moderately physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which requires somewhat diversified physical demands of the employee.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and frequently required to sit, climb or balance; occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; and depth perception.