Chemical Process Engineer
Cambridge Isotope Laboratories, Inc.
Expiry Date :
Wed, 18 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
CIL Isotope Separations (CIS) is pleased to announce a unique opportunity for a process engineer working with our highly skilled staff in Xenia, Ohio. CIS is the world leader in the separation of stable isotopes and related chemistry. CIS and its parent, Cambridge Isotope Laboratories (CIL) in Massachusetts, are subsidiaries of the Otsuka Pharmaceutical Group. CIL separates both 13C and 18O at its Xenia, Ohio, facility and operates the only large capacity nongovernmental Deuterium Oxide enrichment columns in the world. We globally support a broad range of customers across many high-tech industries including pharmaceutical, semiconductor, medical diagnostic, display and basic research. We are rapidly expanding, and the Ohio facility is an integral part of our growth for the future.
CIS is looking for a candidate to join the engineering division. Successful candidates are expected to have a chemical engineering degree with knowledge in a variety of chemical processing disciplines and the capability to learn and work in complex systems following hands-on training. The successful candidate will be expected to work by supporting operations through process engineering and will be involved in some capital projects for the process area.
* Coordinating and forecasting maintenance on equipment
* Process design and maintenance of pumping systems, chemical conversion systems, high purity gas system, etc.
* Identifies operational problems and develops operational solution through studying functioning systems, performance results, determining impacts on all impacted systems, and calculating economic impacts
* Investigating customer complaints and implementing improvements
* Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
* 3- 5 years of experience in a similar role is preferred
* Proven ability to problem solve, troubleshoot and optimize processes
* Strong thermodynamic background
* Ability to make key decisions to keep projects on schedule
* Experience with process control strategies for distillation and reacting processes is beneficial but not required
* Knowledge of a DCS control system integration is beneficial but not required
* MicroSoft Visio or AutoCad experience
* Six Sigma certified preferred or ability to become certified
* US Citizenship required
CIS offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit program including generous paid time off, health insurance with 100% company paid deductibles, Long Term Incentives and 6% matching 401K plan.
CIS is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer.