Chemical Process Technician
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Atkore is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical products and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Products and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Products has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Chemical Process Technician to be based out of Harvey, IL. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor in the Paint Department, this person will be responsible for the control, operation and monitoring of chemical processes in the tube manufacturing operation.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the metal industry. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Monitor and control chemical baths, reaction cells, and pumping systems.
– Monitor and audit tube manufacturing process.
– Transports and maintains inventories of hazardous chemicals
– Initiates and/or performs equipment repair, preventive maintenance, or modifications
– Interacts with paint and mill manufacturing groups
– Drives continuous improvement teams, TPM and IPM activities
– Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work.
– Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred, but not required.
– Two years of related job experience or equivalent education with field experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
– Strong knowledge of tools and mechanical systems.
– Strong mechanical aptitude.
– Ability to operate a forklift.
– Knowledge of basic chemistry and/or chemical handling preferred.
– Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
– Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– Computer literate in spreadsheets and Microsoft applications.
– Ability to work independently and/or with little supervision in a team environment.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!