Chemist 1- Second Shift
Piping Rock Health Products
Farmingdale, New York
Expiry Date :
Sat, 07 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Be at the forefront of the future of health and wellness, with the ability to work in a fast paced, family owned entrepreneurial environment where the work is meaningful, associates are valued, and you can grow your long term career. Joining Piping Rock means being part of a fast growing team where you can take ownership of your work and be a decision maker, where you are encouraged to work smarter, not harder, with the tools necessary to be successful. Join our team!
Under the direction of the supervisor, the blender will manufacture a variety of dry powders within set specifications. The Blender is responsible for the quality of blends, accurate completion of all paper work, sanitation of blender and blending area, and meeting all sample analysis requirements.
* Performs routine testing of samples according to established procedures.
* Analysis of products by wet chemistry techniques and by techniques using instruments such as, TLC, UV/Vis, FTIR, HPLC, ICP, ICPMS, GC, GCMS etc.
* Conduct routine and laboratory support functions, such as preparation of media, reagents and standard solutions, stocking and distributing supplies and equipment and collecting, washing and storing glassware.
* Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation. As required, operates personal computer, applies various software packages to input or retrieve data and information.
* Sets up and dismantles instruments and apparatus. Prepares solutions, suspensions and media to perform essential laboratory procedures.
* Reports results of assignments and maintains and performs related record keeping in compliance with approved regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements. Follows and complies with all appropriate SOPs, QPs, GMPs and safety and health requirements as applicable.
* Understanding and handling of hazardous materials and waste using proper and safe techniques.
* Minimum Bachelors Degree from a 4-year College or University in Chemistry or related Science with minor in Chemistry with 3+ years of professional experience in relevant field or a masters degree in chemistry plus 1+ years of professional experience in relevant field.
* Prior experience in Pharmaceutical/Dietary supplement industry is a plus.
* Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office is required.
* HPLC/UPLC experience is required.
* Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
* Able to lift up to 20 pounds and stand for longer period of time.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
We know talent when we see it. For the right candidates, this is a great place to come to work every day. If it sounds like we’re talking about you, we really hope to hear from you.
PipingRock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer.