Chemistry Lab Supervisor
Holy Cross Health – A member of Trinity Health
Coral Hills, Florida
Expiry Date :
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
* Supervisor Is knowledgeable of and ensures that supervised Associates are knowledgeable of applicable current compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulatory developments including their responsibility to comply with applicable laws, regulations and Holy Cross Hospital policies as a condition of employment, as well as reporting mechanisms such as the corporate compliance hotline.
* Ensures that Associates complete compliance orientation and ensures and arranges for ongoing specific risk training (applicable to the department) on a regular basis throughout the year.
* Provides appropriate assistance regarding monitoring techniques to reasonably assure compliance in supervised functional areas, including the submission of reports of suspect non-compliance to the Compliance Officer so that further evaluation can be performed.
* Responds timely to detect offenses, assists in the investigation and in the development and implementation of disciplinary and/or corrective action initiatives.
* Plans, organizes and delegates workflow to ensure that laboratory results are reported in an efficient and timely manner.
* Observes and reviews testing to assure that workload is completed accurately and according to pre-established protocols.
* Organizes section operation during periods of non-routine activity (e.g. computer downtime, instrument malfunction) to expedite reporting of patient results.
* Investigates unexpected or unusual results.
* Participates in daily workload as needed. Assists busier work areas when necessary to ensure effective operation of the section.
* Maintains efficiency of operation through the proper staffing, scheduling of personnel and work assignments keeping overtime within controllable limits.
* Monitors and evaluates associates performance, counsels and takes disciplinary action when performance standards are not met.
* Completes associates appraisal forms in a timely manner. Maintains associates performance records assuring that associates understand their job roles.
* Orientation and development activities are planned and accomplished by target date for each associate.
* Interviews and selects personnel for area of responsibility