Chief Scientist – Autonomy Systems
Scientific Systems Company, Inc.
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SSCI is looking to fill a Chief Scientist position in the areas of Autonomy and Intelligent Systems. The successful applicant will be responsible for advanced concepts and technology development in research and development programs relating to unmanned systems. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for U.S. Dept. of Defense Security Clearance.
Scientific Systems Company, Inc. (SSCI) is a leading developer of advanced technologies for navigation, mission planning and autonomy systems for the Aerospace and Defense industries. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in the metro-Boston area, SSCI has built a reputation for delivering high quality and mission-relevant technology solutions. SSCI is among the Top 20 companies in highly competitive Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. SSCIs clients and teaming partners include all major branches of the U.S Department of Defense, NASA, and many of the leading prime contractors.
* Develop advanced concepts in Autonomy, AI, Machine Learning and/or Cognitive Systems
* Develop competitive advanced technology proposals and follow-on programs for R+D customers, including DARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL, NASA, other Govt agencies & Industry primes
* Lead execution of advanced technology R+D programs in Principal Investigator role
* Support other company initiatives and programs in a Subject Matter Expert role
* Support company marketing and business development via technical briefings, publications, conferences and professional outreach activities
* Demonstrated successes in winning proposals and developing innovative solutions in Unmanned Systems, Autonomy, Robotics or Machine Learning systems
* Demonstrated ability to interact independently with R+D customers as PI or SME
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* >10 years working as a recognized Subject Matter expert in the fields of Autonomy, with an emphasis on the Cognitive Science aspects of Autonomous Systems
* >10M of previously funded research (as a Principal Investigator) or autonomous systems devt projects (across academia or industry, or some combination)
* Significant publication history and record of thought leadership in the field (eg. thru conf. session leads, panels, journal/steering committee/editorial roles, etc.)
Prior Experience in:
* Perception & Computer Vision
* Machine Learning (as it relates to Autonomous systems specifically, Emergent/Learning Systems
* Experience in Human Systems Integration (HSI), User Interfaces (UI), and Mission Planning for Unmanned Systems
Salary is competitive with market rates, with annual bonus awards based on company and individual performance. SSCI benefits package includes 401K and Health/Life/Disability Insurance.