Clinical Lab Assistant – Delnor Laboratory, Part-time, Nights
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
City of Geneva, Illinois
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The CLINICAL LAB ASSISTANT reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
* Performs phlebotomy, technical, and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory.
* Presents a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor and appearance.
* Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers within and across departments.
* Communicates effectively with others, respects diverse opinions and styles, and acknowledges the assistance and contributions of others.
* Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
* Performs phlebotomy and other lab specimen collections per age related standards.
* Provides appropriate post-phlebotomy patient care.
* Identifies need for patient medical assistance and call code as appropriate.
* Reviews/records refrigerator temperature(s) and QC/QA records.
* Areas of concern are recorded through the Corrective Action Log and reported to maintenance for repair.
* Findings are reported to supervisor or manager.
* Performs low complexity (waived) testing accurately and efficiently under the direction of a CLS or supervisor.
* Follows lab procedures carefully.
* Follows up with all outstanding orders on Order Monitor, and communicates all timed, completed or uncompleted draws/charges, tasks, missing phones through shift reporting to the next shift prior to clocking out and performs other duties as assigned.
* Inputs and retrieves lab results in Laboratory or Hospital computer system (ie. Rapid Strep Screen or Occult Blood).
* Performs and collects phlebotomy specimens within cost contain efforts and less than 3 percent recollection or cancellation.
* Properly processes specimens for transport to reference laboratories.
* Follows JCAHO National Patient Safety goals in regard to two patient identifiers and hand washing.