Clinical Lab Scientist II
Mercy Medical Center Redding
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
For more than 70 years, Mercy Medical Center Redding has offered comprehensive health care in the North State, providing acute care and a full range of medical services. The 267-bed hospital offers major medical services including a Level II Trauma Center as well as specialized Cardiovascular Care, Stroke Care, Orthopedics, Neurological Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Care, Maternity Care, and da Vinci Robotic Surgery. It is the sole provider of obstetrical services, along with the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Shasta County. In addition, the hospital’s network of care includes Mercy Home Health and Hospice and Dignity Health Connected Living. Mercy Medical Center Redding is a member of the Dignity Health system and is a sister facility to St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Red Bluff and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. As one of the area’s largest non-profit employers, we are proud to give back to the community by providing many programs and services to benefit overall health.
Visit to learn more.
The incumbent performs technical work of considerable difficulty, primarily in testing patient samples through various chemical, microscopic, serological, and bacteriologic techniques, requiring a significant amount of independent judgment while operating and maintaining automated equipment. The incumbent is also responsible for daily workflow to ensure timely and efficient departmental operations. The incumbent assists in ensuring regulatory compliance standards are met to comply with state and accrediting agency requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences required
* Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required
* Recent clinical laboratory experience required
* Basic computer skills, ability to read and follow written instructions (i.e., policies and procedures) as well as understand and adhere to verbal directions required
* Ability to write policy and procedures as well as communicate verbal directions effectively required
* Above average communication, organizational skills, mathematical aptitude for computations, standard formulas, and precise measurements and ability to adapt to workload demands required
* Ability to remain calm and function efficiently during difficult or emergency situations required
* Advanced degree in a related field preferred
* Experience in an acute care hospital preferred
* Registration with a national professional organization (AABB, ASCP, NCA) and knowledge of medical terminology preferred
related keywords: cls, chemistry, hematology, micro, ascp, scientist, laboratory, mlt, mls, medical technologist