Clinical Laboratory Director
Expiry Date :
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
What You Will Do:
Direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for network/system clinical laboratories.
* Develop system/network-wide goals, plan and standard consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
* Plan, organize and direcs all activities related to staffing which may include hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
* Prepare budgets and ensure compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
* Work closely with all staff to ensure the highest standards of quality and service are maintained.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* One or more of the following preferred:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board ofCertification (ASCP-BOC).
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board ofCertification (ASCP-BOC).
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB).
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
* Bachelors degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or educationqualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
* 5 years of experience required; 10 years of experience preferred.
* 2 years of leadership or management experience required; 5 years leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [