Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)
West Menlo Park, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Do you want to help bring prenatal diagnostics into clinical practice and improve lives of millions of expecting parents?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17) has developed a molecular counter that improves cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by 1000x. This allows us to revolutionize multiple fields, from prenatal testing to oncology. With our first flagship UNITY and UNITY Complete prenatal tests, we have grown our sample volume by more than 300% even during the pandemic. We are currently automating more of our processes and building a 10x larger clinical laboratory that will be able to process 1500+ samples per day.
We are looking for a driven Clinical Laboratory Scientist (with California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License) to perform UNITY, the only non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that can detect inherited disorders such as sickle cell disease, spinal muscular atrophy, and cystic fibrosis in the baby directly from maternal blood. These disorders are extremely severe, but early detection and intervention can significantly improve outcomes. You will join our growing superstar CLIA team responsible for end-to-end processing of pregnancy blood samples in a high complexity, high-growth CLIA setting.
* Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
* Performs quality control studies to ensure the accuracy of clinical data.
* Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
* Organizes and contributes to R&D to CLIA tech transfer and troubleshooting, training, and validations
Who You Are:
* Bachelor’s degree in the chemical, physical or biological sciences
* 1-2 years of CLS experience in a clinical setting
* A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License that meets requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42 CFR, part 493) (ASCP, CGMBS or generalist license is required).
* Hands-on training and experience with manual molecular biology protocols, including DNA extraction and PCR
* Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Word, Excel, basic statistics and familiarity with LIMS systems
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexibly and well under given timeframes.
* Self-starter and dynamic team player with excellent verbal and written skills.
* Knowledge of medical genetics
* Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
More About Us:
BillionToOne has developed noninvasive prenatal tests for the most common genetic disorders in the world. More than 100 million people are carriers for these disorders. The prenatal detection of these disorders currently requires invasive methods with high miscarriage risk, but we have developed tests that solve this important problem.
BillionToOne has raised a large Series A and Series A+ funding (~$35M) from global institutional investors, including from Hummingbird Ventures, Neotribe Ventures and Y Combinator.
Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.