Clinical Laboratory Scientist – NGS
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
You will be processing clinical samples per standard operating procedures. You will also assist and help maintain quality of testing in accordance with clinical regulatory guidelines.
* Perform analysis of test specimens.
* Oversight of non-licensed personnel during clinical specimen processing.
* Prepare, test, and evaluate new reagents or controls.
* Participate in research, development, and validation for new methods.
* Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations.
* Provide technical troubleshooting and decision making, escalating problems as necessary.
* Engage in continuous process and service improvement.
* Ensure QC and maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
* Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations based on thorough evaluation of technical, quality and efficiency impact.
* Ensure all work is in accordance with state and federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements.
* Standard operating procedure (SOP) writing and editing.
* Exemplify our core values Visionary, pioneering, truth seeking, driven, honest and considerate communication, embrace diversity and operate with transparency and integrity
* Bachelors degree in biological sciences or scientific equivalent with 2+ years of related experience in next generation sequencing clinical laboratory
* Current and valid California Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist scientist (CGMBS) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (CLS) required.
* Excellent interpersonal, teaming, written and spoken communication skills.
Come join us in addressing large healthcare needs through precision epigenomic medicine!
Bluestar Genomics is an exciting early-stage life science company that is reinventing non-invasive molecular diagnostic testing using next generation epigenomic technologies. We are passionate and dedicated to discovering and developing medicines that will make a significant difference in cancer and other epigenomic-driven diseases. Our technologies provide novel insight and quantitation of human health and disease, with our focus on precision medicine applications improving both clinical and health system outcomes. Our company was founded based on pioneering work in the Stanford laboratory of Stephen Quake, with advisors from Stanford and UCSF.
We look for extraordinary lifelong learners with a passion and growth mindset for these areas, and for combining biological ingenuity with AI and data analysis. Led by a team with decades of experience bringing products from concept to market, we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We provide generous benefits to all employees including stock options. We are building a world-class company, based in San Diego and San Mateo.