Clinical Laboratory Scientist Team Lead
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
San Antonio, Texas
Expiry Date :
Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
METHODIST HOSPITAL | STONE OAK
CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST TEAM LEADER
FULL TIME EVENINGSHIFT NON-EXEMPT
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a CLS TEAM LEADER to join our team who coordinates and monitors activities of laboratory employees, assists Manager with the personnel management activities, resolves issues (problems) as they arise, and may perform professional level specimen processing and testing. Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
YOUR ROLE: CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST TEAM LEADER
* Coordinates and monitors daily activities of laboratory employees; assists Manager in personnel management activities that may include work allocation, interviewing, orientation and training, evaluating performance; making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. May conduct employee counseling.
* Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate and high complexity testing (as appropriate per facility). Assumes accountability for accuracy of test results.
* Understands and applies CQI procedures and principles. Communicates any relevant CQI issues to Supervisor or Manager. Designs quality assurance monitors/projects, reports findings, and takes corrective action.
* Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; communicates necessary information to Supervisor or Manager.
* Acts as a resource to customers, both within and outside the department. Accepts responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
* Reviews, writes or modifies departmental procedures or policies
A Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience in a clinical laboratory are preferred.
One of the following certifications is required: MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), CLS (NCA), MT (HEW), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with a minimum of 10 years of lab experience.
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospitals services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and increased our licensed beds to 242.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogs Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures and by as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.govs 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at [ and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Companys recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.
_FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR JOB APPLICATION OR THIS SITE PLEASE CONTACT HCAHRANSWERS AT 1- OPTION 1._