Clinical Research Assistant
Massachusetts General Hospital
Expiry Date :
Sun, 08 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Clinical Research Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Chordoma Research Program at Massachusetts general is seeking a clinical research assistant with an understanding of data analytics and an interest in patient care. As part of the Radiation Oncology Department, the Chordoma Research Program aims to provide data on this rare tumor from review of patients treated with proton therapy, enrolled on previous completed prospective trials and new patients referred for treatment.
The position requires the applicant to be comfortable working directly with patients in a clinical environment; maintaining and utilizing an electronic database; communicating and coordinating with different health care providers and support staff; designing research projects and conducting analyses independently; and managing administrative responsibilities including patient appointment coordination, record-keeping, and continuing reviews.
The ideal applicant would work well in a dynamic team environment, have a background or relevant coursework in biology with an interest in the medical field, have strong written and verbal communication skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Under supervision of the PI, coordinates the implementation, both internally and externally, of sponsored clinical research studies.
– Collects and organizes patient data, may initiates, and maintain contact with study participants.
Once trained, loading of images/notes to Epic from paper charts
Assist in the building and modification of RedCap database including chordoma and chondrosarcoma patients, both pediatric and adult
For previously completed prospective trial, contact physicians’ offices to obtain a more recent fu on patients enrolled in the clinical trial.
For patients treated since 12/2018, identify all these patients and add to a spreadsheet that we will update weekly.
For future NCI joint project, fill in the forms on pediatric chordoma patients
– Develops, organizes, and/or maintains study databases. Responsible for data entry and quality control of data. May conduct basic data processing and statistical analysis of data.
– In conjunction with the PI, develops, and under the direction of project manager, assists with writing, and implementation of new research protocols including design, data collection systems and institutional review board approval (IRB). May contribute to changes to research protocols.
– Performs literature searches as appropriate.
– Assists PI with preparation of slide presentations, poster boards, and research articles.Performs all other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate must possess basic computer skills in order to use a variety of electronic systems to access and/or maintain personal employment-related data, satisfy required annual trainings, and use job-specific applications.
– Ability to work independently under the supervision of the study PI and/ or program manager.
– Strong analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues, and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
– Strong and proactive interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants and working as a member of a highly integrated team.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
– High degree of computer literacy Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Windows OS; R or MATLAB skills preferred.
– Careful attention to detail.
– Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
– Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects’ rights and individual needs.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable): Specify minimum credentials and clearly indicate if preferred or required
EDUCATION: Specify minimum education and clearly indicate if preferred or required
HS Diploma or equivalent. Bachelors preferred
EXPERIENCE: Specify minimum creditable years of experience and clearly indicate if preferred or required
At least one year of work experience in a research setting preferred. Sound independent judgment and competence in research methodologies preferred. Previous experience working with patients or in a healthcare setting strongly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable): List the number of FTEs supervised.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY (if applicable): Indicate financial ‘scope’ information, i.e.: size of budget, volume, revenue, etc.; Indicate total physician/non-physician FTE scope
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe the conditions in which the work is performed.
– Duties will be performed in an office and outpatient clinic setting
– Up to 40 hr/week
MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus
MGH Main Campus (MGHMAIN)
55 Fruit Street
MGH Main Campus
55 Fruit Street
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Limited Term / Per Diem
MGH Radiation Oncology
Oct 6, 2020