Clinical Research Physician
Covance by Labcorp
Expiry Date :
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
POSITION IS OFFICE BASED IN MADISON, WI
The Clinical Research Physician will provide medical coverage for the Covance Clinical Research Unit (CCRU). As Principal Investigator/SubInvestigator, he/she is responsible for assuring the health and welfare of participants, performing medical procedures, ensuring proper conduct of the study trial, responding to all related medical decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for protecting the rights, safety and welfare of participants under their care.
* Responsible for ensuring that the clinical trial is conducted according to the investigational plan and all applicable regulations.
* Provide medical and scientific feasibility of all new sponsor inquires.
* Direct test article administration or dispensation.
* Review and evaluate protocols and provide clinical and scientific support.
* Liaise with sponsor regarding study design and site capabilities.
* Interact with regulatory bodies as is relevant to clinical operations.
* Attend study initiation meetings.
* Present protocols at IRB/IEC meetings, as required.
* Assist Operations and Client Managers with sponsor visits.
* Perform pre-study physical examinations and review lab data to ensure volunteers are medically and mentally fit upon entering the study.
* Perform on-study and post-study physical examinations to ensure that the physical and mental well being of volunteers is undiminished at the end of the study.
* Inform Principal Investigator, IRB and Sponsor as appropriate of relevant events.
* Review and sign CRFs at the conclusion of the study.
* Delegate the above as appropriate.
* Act as Principal Investigator/Co-Investigator as assigned by the Medical Director
* Weekend and off-hours work as necessary
* Active and unrestricted Wisconsin Medical License
* DEA license ideal
* CPR/AED Certified
* Minimum of 3-5 years medical practice experience
* Experience with clinical drug trials highly preferred