Clinician – Chemical Dependency
Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Responsible to ensure and/or deliver and properly document the provision of treatment services including the Initial Service Plan, Assessment, Individual Treatment Plan, Progress Notes and discharge plan in accordance with Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital.
* Evaluate patient data, develops and implements a plan of care for the patient.
* Ensure that each client has an individual treatment plan which addresses the clients immediate health, safety, and preliminary service needs.
* Completes assessment summaries of each clients chemical use problems
* Provide individual treatment plan after completion of assessment which is subject to amendment until services to the client are terminated. The individual treatment plan must include treatment goals, specific methods, to be used to address identified problems, resources to which the client is being referred, and client goals.
* Enter progress notes in each clients chart after each treatment service. Progress notes must reference the individual treatment plan.
* Discharge plan must be completed on day of discharge or within 24 hours of discharge.
* Ensure the content and format of client records be uniform and entries in each case are signed and dated.
* Provide individual and group counseling, client education strategies to avoid inappropriate chemical use and health problems related to chemical use, transition services, and services to address issues related to co-occurring mental illness.
* Lead client education classes
* Participates in weekly plan of care for each patient; works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team; Completes progress notes and discharge plans in a timely fashion.
* Ensures compliance with all treatment plan requirements including weekly review and updates with the patient (indicated by patient signatures, initials and dates that each review is completed.)
* Consistently arranges for an appropriate discharge plan for the patient including follow-up with a psychiatrist (if on meds), therapist and any housing or residential needs as recommended by the psychiatrist.
* Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with client referral, probation, social service agencies, etc.
* Documents treatment provided to patients in their medical record based on established case management guidelines.
* Completes all reports for suspected abuse as legally mandated and consistently informs supervisor.
* Conducts family sessions for adolescents and adult patients as part of clinical and as ordered by Psychiatrist.
* Provides individual patient and family therapy and crisis intervention
* Communicates with family members and caretakers regarding the needs of the patient and anticipated plans.
* Master’s degree in Social Work or related field required
* Current LADC or CADC License required
* One (1) year of inpatient clinical work with experience in diagnosis, psychotherapy and assessment based treatment planning
* Current CPR
* CPI obtained within 60 days of hire.
* Experience in diagnosis, psychotherapy and assessment based treatment planning
* Maintains current knowledge of social, medical and Psychiatric services available within the community.
A full benefits package is available the first of the month following just one month of employment!
This package includes Medical (three plans to choose from), Dental (two plans to choose from), Vision, Life Insurance options, including plans for spouse and children, 401(k), Pet Insurance, Identity Theft insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a very generous PTO plan and more!