Cmp Facilities Coordinator Laboratory Operations
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M F
At Houston Methodist, the Academic Central Laboratory Operations Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of institute equipment and facilities in accordance with Houston Methodist Hospitals Facilities Management Services, Houston Methodist Hospital Design &’ Construction and Houston Methodist Academic Institute policies and procedures. Oversees daily facility maintenance and tracking of equipment service and repairs. Assists with Houston Methodist Academic Institute renovation and construction projects. Assures the facility operates in accordance with Houston Methodist Academic Institute, Houston Methodist Hospital and System policies.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Attends meeting with Houston Methodist Facility Management Services, outside vendors, and Comparative Medicine Program management to discuss topics pertaining to equipment, HVAC, lighting and facility issues that arise.
– Works closely with the Director to make decisions regarding the daily operations of the facilities and strategic planning of the Comparative Medicine Program.
– Coordinates purchase, repair, and preventive maintenance contracts of equipment in the facility.
– Directs the preparations of the animal care and use facility for IACUC, USDA, and AAALAC inspections and site visits.
– Coordinates all activities to address any issues that are identified during inspections to ensure compliance.
– Works with outside vendors and Comparative Medicine personnel to ensure all preventative maintenance is scheduled and performed at designated intervals.
– Coordinates security access for nonanimal use personnel (e.g., facilities, construction, building services personnel, etc.)
– Performs routine cleaning and maintenance on equipment.
– Responds to equipment, facility, and HVAC alarms during work hours, after hours, and weekends and holidays.
– Maintains and updates departmental standard operating procedures and safety manuals.
– Works with Houston Methodist Facility Management Services, outside vendors and Comparative Medicine Program management to ensure all washers, autoclaves, freezers/refrigerators, air showers, animal room equipment and veterinary care equipment are operating properly. Also ensures HVAC, lighting and facility issues are handled appropriately.
– Oversees daily facility maintenance by coordinating with Facilities Maintenance Services, Building Automation and outside maintenance services to continually maintain physical aspects of the facility up to all applicable regulations, guidelines and standards.
– Monitors operations of environmental monitoring equipment, such as HVAC, lighting controls and other building control systems.
– Coordinates with Facilities Management Services for all utility outages that affect animal areas.
– Sanitizes equipment and supplies using vaporized hydrogen peroxide.
– Provides input regarding design, space utilization, staffing requirements for facility renovations and expansions. Works closely with architects, engineers, and designers to ensure CMP needs are met in new and renovated spaces. During construction phase, works closely with project management and construction personnel. Coordinates security access required for construction personnel.
– Participates in Activation Team activities for new and renovated spaces. Coordinates and oversees moves into new and renovated spaces.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or GED required.
25 years of experience in mechanical, HVAC, and/or electrical knowledge, especially pertaining to research vivarium.
Principal Investigator interaction
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Stationary Engineers and Maintenance Electricians License preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Some computer skills
Extended periods of walking and standing may be required.
Lifting, pushing or pulling required (minimum 50 pounds)
Universal precautions required
Significant potential for exposure to Latex
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Research Institute was formed in 2004 to rapidly and efficiently translate discoveries made in the laboratory and the clinic into new diagnostics, therapies and treatments. The research institute was created to provide the infrastructure and support for these endeavors, and to house the technology and resources needed to make innovative breakthroughs in important areas of human disease. A 540,000 square foot building dedicated to research, the research institute houses over 1,500 staff and trainees, 277 principal investigators and has more than 840 ongoing clinical trials. ‘,