Corrosion Materials Scientist / Engineer
Expiry Date :
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Leidos is a Fortune 500 company aimed at embracing and solving some of the worlds most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. [
Our Civil Group [ offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Corrosion Materials Scientist / Engineer in Albany, OR. This position will focus on developing coatings / alloy systems resistant to all forms of corrosion, including environmentally assisted cracking, in service environments occurring in natural gas infrastructure.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
* Analyzing microstructure of bulk materials and coatings, and data interpretation.
* Understanding metallurgical processes that can be used with alloys to avoid formation of unwanted phases.
* Evaluating hydrogen kinetics in coatings / alloy systems by measuring parameters for hydrogen entry and transport
* Conducting experiments using methods identifying hydrogen traps in alloys and coatings.
* Using material characterization techniques such as optical and scanning electron microscopy (SEM), energy-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDS), wavelength-dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (WDS), and x-ray diffraction (XRD) of materials before and after corrosion testing.
* Interpreting data to provide coating/ alloy system corrosion performance and recommendations on how to further improve coatings and/or substrates.
* Publishing results in peer-reviewed journals.
* PhD in Material Science or Engineering.
* Peer reviewed publication record in corrosion of materials.
* Experience with lab experimentation including immersion, pin-on drum, electrolytic hydrogen charging, and in-situ electrochemical testing methods that include potentiodynamic, potentiostatic, galvanostatic, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy at ambient and elevated pressure.
Driven by our talented workforce, the INTEGRATED MISSIONS OPERATION builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers needs.
KEY PROGRAMS AND/OR CAPABILITIES:
Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) [
Digital Modernization [
Command & Control
Energy and Environment [
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn [ and Facebook [
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program [ and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies [ by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
EXTERNAL REFERRAL BONUS:
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORK:
CLEARANCE LEVEL REQUIRED:
Yes, 10% of the time
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: