Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Radiance Technologies is an employee-owned company with benefits that are unmatched by most companies in the Huntsville, AL area. We offer highly competitive salaries, a relaxed work environment, flexible work schedules and a great benefits package that includes health/dental/life/vision insurance benefits, employee ownership, generous 401K and profit sharing, and educational reimbursement. Radiance Technologies is a great place to work and succeed in Huntsville, AL.
Radiance is searching for a talented data scientist to join our instrumentation development team. We are searching for a self-starter who can write data processing scripts to analyze large quantities of data collected during Army HEL field tests, and present conclusions with supporting data. This position will require travel to testing sites to analyze data on site. Many of these instruments deal with optical propagation through the atmosphere so experience in either optics or atmospheric turbulence are a plus but are not strictly required.
* Familiarity with optical propagation through the atmosphere
* Experience with optical aberrations and wavefront sensors
* Experience with meteorological data
* Experience reducing large data sets into digestible conclusions
* Experience with networked sensors and monitoring data remotely via networks
* Familiarity with LabView and developing data collection software
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher in physics, statistics, mathematics, or a relevant field.
* Proficiency in MATLAB or Python for data processing and plotting scientific data
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
* US citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
US Citizenship Required
Ability to obtain a Security Clearance