The MITRE Corporation
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Full-timeEstimated: $85,000 – $120,000 a year1 hour ago
– Health insurance
– Microsoft SQL Server
– Microsoft Outlook
– Microsoft Excel
– Bachelor’s degree
Full Job Description
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challengesand we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R & D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every dayworking for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITREand make a difference with us.
The System Engineering Analytics Department is seeking a motivated, creative Data Scientist to cutting edge tools and techniques to challenging problems facing the US government. This position offers the opportunity to combine systems Engineering with Data Analytics to build end to end data analytic pipelines. You will have the opportunity to learn from seasoned data professionals in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere. You will have the opportunity to make strategic differences and have real long-term impacts on some of the most challenging problems in the government space.
The successful candidate will:
– Be passionate abouting data analytics to real world problems.
– Have an innate curiosity and interest in developing research questions and testing hypotheses with open ended tasking.
– Work with a spectrum of government sponsors to gain understanding of their challenges, evaluate possible solutions and conduct insightful, actionable analyses.
– Support the development and application of a variety of analytical models to sponsor challenges, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
– Present results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood by all sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
– 2 + years applicable work experience or equivalent academic / internships
– Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to possess and maintain a DoD clearance
– Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
– Must have demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, PC, presentation, and communications skills
– Demonstrated ability to manipulate large datasets
– Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, C#, JQuery
– Ability to formulate complex algorithms and process to solve complex data problems
– Advanced degree in technical field of study
– Candidates that possess a current/active US Government clearance are preferred
– Undergraduate research experience is a plus
– Academic/ project experience working with databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB)
– Software Development experience in a d environment leveraging tools such as GIT
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at or email at .
Copyright 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Show full job description