Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At
MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling
our nation’s toughest challenges and we’re committed to the long-term well-
being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We
are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest,
with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we
operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as
cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation.
We’re making a difference every day working for a safer, healthier, and mor
secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer
competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a
culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility,
collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to
make, then choose MITRE and make a difference with us.
The System Engineering Analytics Department is seeking a motivated, creative
Data Scientist to apply cutting edge tools and techniques to challenging
problems facing the US government. This position offers the opportunity to
combine systems Engineering with Data Analytics to build end to end data
analytic pipelines. You will have the opportunity to learn from seasoned data
professionals in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere. You will have the
opportunity to make strategic differences and have real long-term impacts on
some of the most challenging problems in the government space.
* Be passionate about applying data analytics to real world problems.
* Have an innate curiosity and interest in developing research questions
and testing hypotheses with open ended tasking.
* Work with a spectrum of government sponsors to gain understanding of
their challenges, evaluate possible solutions and conduct insightful,
* Support the development and application of a variety of analytical models
to sponsor challenges, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
* Present results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood
by all sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics,
Statistics, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field
* 2 + years applicable work experience or equivalent academic / internships
* Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to possess and maintain a DoD
* Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, and Word
* Must have demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, PC,
presentation, and communications skills
* Demonstrated ability to manipulate large datasets
* Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, C#, JQuery
* Ability to formulate complex algorithms and process to solve complex data
* Advanced degree in technical field of study
* Candidates that possess a current/active US Government clearance are
* Undergraduate research experience is a plus
* Academic/ project experience working with databases (e.g., Oracle, MySQL,
SQL Server, MongoDB)
* Software Development experience in a shared environment leveraging tools
such as GIT
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs,
trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, gender expression, sexual identity, disability, age, veteran
status, and other protected status.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all
individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE s employment
process, please contact MITRE s Recruiting Help Line at or ema
Copyright 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a
registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be
copied and distributed with permission only.
Show moreShow less