Expiry Date :
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
The Data Scientist will leverage data to accelerate high-throughput battery R&D, shaping how Cuberg uses sequential learning workflows to suggest statistically optimal experiments. You will work cross-functionally with other scientists, engineers, and business team members to refine features from our cycling datasets and improve the predictive power of our machine learning models.
Ideal candidates are comfortable with ambiguity, capable of independently leading projects, and capable of communicating effectively across multiple teams of varying disciplines. They are also detail-oriented, take pride in the quality of their work, and perform well in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment. Critically, the right candidate is excited by the prospect of joining the team at Cuberg with the chance to shape the culture, technology, and quality of our company.
Join us in building the future of energy.
* Contribute data science expertise to R&D projects, in collaboration with R&D team members
* Train machine learning models predicting battery performance and leverage these models to suggest new experiments
* Refine our software tools used to conduct sequential learning and design of experiments
* Engineer new features that improve the predictive power of our machine learning models
* M.S. or Ph.D. in a scientific or engineering field (e.g., materials science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related discipline) with 2-5 years relative experience.
* Experience with design of experiments, sequential learning, and uncertainty quantification
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
* Successful track record of applying machine learning to experimental datasets
* Strong programming experience in Python
* Strong project management and organizational skills
* Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, and is capable of delivering on projects
* (Preferred) Experience engineering features of time-series data, preferably battery cycling data
* (Preferred) Experience engineering features of molecules, preferable for electrolyte solutions
* (Preferred) Experience with cloud workflow automation systems (Airflow, Prefect, etc.) and deploying ML models to cloud infrastructure
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
* Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
* A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
* Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave