New York City, New York
Expiry Date :
Mon, 02 Aug 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Data Science is unique at Forum Brands. We don’t build ad-hoc reports or run random experiments without rhyme or reason. Rather, we build the infrastructure and products that provides our team with data to innovate and perform their jobs better.
Data informs every one of our critical business decisions, which can span from product research to customer purchase behaviors. We take it so seriously we even made it a Principle. You will develop data solutions to inform initiatives that support business growth across multiple teams and products. We are at the forefront of disrupting the direct-to-consumer industry, and you have the opportunity to be part of this process. If large data systems and cutting edge technology excite you, then we are excited to hear from you.
Forum Brands is a high-growth, Series-A startup building a technology-enabled platform of leading ecommerce brands. We’re taking an innovative approach to brand-building in the direct-to-consumer sector by acquiring the highest quality, independently owned brands currently sold on 3rd party marketplaces (e.g. [ [ and applying domain expertise, operating infrastructure, and a passion for improving the lives of the everyday consumer.
We’re not just thinking differently, we’re also hiring differently. We’ve built a diverse team, with a differentiated set of experience across digital marketplaces, consumer brands, ecommerce technology, and investing. In executing against our strategy to grow brands into category leaders, we lead with the collective power of our people.
Forum is backed by Norwest Venture Partners (a global venture capital and growth equity investment firm), NFX (a leading marketplace and ecommerce venture capital firm), Concrete Rose, and a set of world-class consumer and technology operators.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specific ownership of initiatives and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Collect data though all facets of our business, from sales to supply chain to customer insights
* Translate business problems into innovative analytical solutions
* Search though large data sets for usable information
* Introduce new cutting edge technology that will improve our Data Science team processes
* Ideate, prototype, and productionize ML solutions to improve Forum Brands’ products, services, customer experience, and more
* Contribute in crafting products that will innovate and disrupt the DTC industry
* Help build a world-class Data Science team
NOTE: This is a remote role through Q2 2021, at which point we expect to transition the team back into company headquarters located in New York, NY.
* 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a Data Scientist in similar organizations
* Ability to write complex, optimized queries across large volumes of data
* Proficient with SQL and programming experience in R, Python or Spark
* Good understanding on RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, SQL Server, etc…)
* Strong grasp of probability, statistical inference, optimization algorithms, linear algebra, and calculus.
* Understanding of how and when to apply different Machine Learning algorithms.
* Knowledge on ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
* Strong analytical skills to review systems and code to identify issues or areas for improvement.
* Experience with data Visualization tool (e.g. Power BI, Looker, etc..)
* Experience with Git and version control
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Experience working cross-functionally and/or in matrixed organizations.
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, or similar is a plus
* Experience working with AWS
* Experience with Agile Methodologies and Tools such as Jira, Asana or Monday
WHY YOU FIT AT FORUM
* You are an owner. For you, there’s no such thing as "it’s not my job." You take pride in, and accountability for, results. No problem is too big, too small, or too outside of your scope to jump in and help.
* You are a problem solver. You solve problems from first principles and ask "Why" until you arrive at root causes. You resist this is how its always been done thinking, and seek to solve problems in innovative ways.
* You are a doer. You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. You independently identify both issues and opportunities and run towards them.
* You are deeply analytical. You seek out data to validate hypotheses, and are not afraid to change your mind if the data is telling a different story. You’re comfortable navigating large datasets and extracting signal from the noise.
* You are a truth seeker. You dig in and seek out objective truth, even it that truth is inconvenient or scary. You ask questions to challenge pre-existing views and push the boundaries on what you believe to be true.
Why You’ll Love Forum Brands
* We are builders. We believe that the only way to get the future that we want is to build it. Building consumer brands that excite and delight customers is our highest calling, and we come to work each day in service of that cause.
* "First Who, Then What." We believe that if you begin with who, rather than what, you can more easily adapt to a changing world. We apply immense rigor in making people decisions, and take seriously our responsibility to develop our people, because we know that it is our people that will take us from good to great.
* We are explorers. We are curious by nature and constantly learning. We design experiments and test hypotheses quickly, cheaply, and in all facets of our business.
* We are not perfect. We hold a worldview of humility and recognize that we will make mistakes, but that they will not define us they are simply data points to inform future decisions.
* You come as you are. You draw inspiration from an environment where the best ideas win, regardless of where they come from. Like us, you celebrate diversity of all kinds. You share our commitment as an equal opportunity employer to building an inclusive Forum where people thrive by being their authentic selves and are empowered to do their best work each day.
* We share the pie. We offer great compensation packages and are always seeking to increase the pie for everyone at the table. We also offer comprehensive benefits, including:
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the opportunity to excel. Were committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and in ecommerce overall. Thats why we commit ourselves to hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Forum Brands, Inc. an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Forum Brands, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.