Data Scientist – Public Figures
Expiry Date :
Wed, 07 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Facebooks Public Figures (PF) team supports one of our companys and Facebook Apps top priorities to improve the PF experience on Facebook. Our vision is that Public Figure’s use the Facebook App as the primary platform to engage in high quality public conversations with their peers and grow influence with their community of fans. People come to Facebook to connect and interact authentically with Public Figure’s that match their individual interests. Our team has been given a broad charter to create step-changes in the Facebook app ecosystem across a number of areas.Ensuring the safety of Public Figure’s and integrity of the products they use is core to this vision. We cannot expect Public Figure’s to engage on our platform if they frequently have negative experiences and do not feel safe and supported. While there are a number of teams at the company focused on integrity of civic actors, our community, and businesses, this team will be newly focused entirely on Public Figures and the unique experiences they have in areas such as the comments and messages they receive, account access, or this role, you will work across integrity and product teams to formulate a measurement and product strategy to minimize bad and amplify good experiences for Public Figure’s on FB. Youll work with research, product management, and engineering counterparts to understand the biggest problems today, communicate meaningful recommendations to stakeholders, and integrate improvements into product. Youll also take an ecosystem-view to quantify and understand how our work in this space connects to our larger vision for Public Figure’s and FB app. The ideal candidate will have experience and passion for ensuring the integrity of online platforms. Additionally, you will have a proven track record of thought leadership and impact in developing high quality measurement and product strategies and working across functions to uncover and shape data-driven recommendations.
* Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users and Public Figures interact with our products.
* Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area.
* Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
* Partner with Product, Engineering, and Research teams beyond your immediate team to solve problems and identify new levers to improve user and Public Figures experience.
* Monitor key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics.
* Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams.
* Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role.
* Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
* Experience in SQL, Python, R or other programming languages.
* Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
* Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
* 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
* Experience building and training statistical models
* Experience designing and evaluating complex experiments
* Experience working in the advertising industries
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at .