Data Scientist – Regional Merchandising Strategy
San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical teams to mine internal and external semi-structured data to understand consumer demand in individual markets, drive sales through feed optimization, influence supply, design and deploy long-term merchandising strategies.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about Wish and e-commerce, be able to conduct market research independently, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases, visualization, and modeling techniques, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling data-driven regional merchandising strategies.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING:
* Conduct quantitative market research for each market, by analyzing external e-commerce web data, understand regional consumer demand, through various text and image mining techniques
* Analyze internal behavior tracking data and forecast Wish users demand
* Identify high potential but underexposed product candidates, propose strategies to increase their exposure and boost sales
* Implement the strategies and set up A/B test experiments to gauge the impact, and reiterate
* Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for data-driven regional merchandising strategies