Data Scientist, Senior
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Expiry Date :
Fri, 05 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
JOB NUMBER: R
Data Scientist, Senior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve national security missions. Youll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. Youll explore data from various sources, discover patterns and previously hidden insights to address business problems, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions. Youll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in national security.
Empower change with us.
* 2+ years of experience in a professional work environment using data science tools
* Experience with performing behavioral analysis and anomaly detection on data sets, including identifying true vs. false and positives vs. negatives
* Experience with Netflow
* Experience with using Python to perform data analysis, mining, and data visualization
* Experience with the transition of a research capability to an operational product
* Ability to author complex documents describing and visualizing analytical results
* TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
* BA or BS degree
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
* Experience with SIGINT or cybersecurity operations
* Ability to work both independently and as a team member
* Possession of excellent analytical, data mining, and problem-solving skills
* Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
* MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
BUILD YOUR CAREER:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and were dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
* access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
* a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowlthe worlds premier data science for social good competition
* participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
Youll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. Well help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Were an EOE that empowers our peopleno matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristicto fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, APC1, APC3, CJ1, CMD