Digital Forensic Analyst
Expiry Date :
Fri, 16 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
GTL is seeking Digital Forensic Analysts to join our National Cellular Forensic Lab (NCFL) branch in Tallahassee, FL. The positions will be based at the customer site. The responsibility of the Forensic Analyst will be to provide direct forensic services to customer staff. While in this critical position, you will have the opportunity to utilize your training and experience to forensically extract data from legally seized cellular devices and at times analyze the data and assist investigative staff in the development of actionable intelligence within the facilities and outside law enforcement.
RESPONSIBILITIESINCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Conduct complex and technical forensic data extractions and possible examination of digital information from a variety of sources with goal of developing forensically sound evidence and actionable intelligence.
* Conduct cellular focused investigations; analyze data to establish trends within the facility
* Examine the data storage mechanisms of cell phones and other electronic devices that may hold evidence that could be used in a court of law.
* Perform a variety of forensic and electronic discovery services, including digital evidence preservation, forensic analysis, data recovery, tape recovery, electronic mail extraction, and database examination.
* Employ forensic tools and techniques to support investigation.
* Assist facility with investigations by utilizing specialized software provided for forensic data extraction, data mining and link analysis.
* Prepare clear and comprehnsive notes and reports of evidence handling, forensic processing, and findings. Submit detailed reports to supervisors and facility regarding forensic and intelligence processes and findings.
* Adhere to proper evidence custody and control procedures, document procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation and prepares comprehensive written notes and reports.
* Participation in court or other administrative related hearings.
* Obtain and retain forensic certifications and forensic extraction techniques and best practices to include but not limited to logical, physical and chip-off certifications.
* Stay abreast of trends in computer forensics, forensic law, mobile devices, mobile applications, and encryption technologies.