Dir, Medicinal Chemistry
Tenaya Therapeutics, Inc.
South San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Tenaya Therapeutics is a preclinical-stage, Series C, privately-held biopharmaceutical company that is shaping the future of heart disease treatment driven by a bold mission: to discover, develop and deliver curative therapies that address the underlying drivers of disease. Tenaya is developing therapies for rare genetic disorders as well as for more prevalent heart conditions through three platforms: Gene Therapy, Regeneration and Precision Medicine. Founded by leading cardiology researchers at the Gladstone Institutes and UT Southwestern, Tenaya is backed by a top-tier syndicate of investors, including The Column Group, Casdin Capital, RA Capital, RTW, Fidelity, T Rowe Price, GV and others. Tenaya Therapeutics currently has 75+ full-time employees (not including consultants) and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California, USA. For more information, please visit [ and follow us on LinkedIn [
Diversity & Inclusion is a core Value for Tenaya Therapeutics and we encourage those from under-represented communities to apply.
Director of Medicinal Chemistry
Tenaya is a growing biopharmaceutical company with a goal to create a new generation of therapies for the treatment of heart disease. We have established a productive internal research effort with expertise in AAV gene therapy, target and drug discovery technologies based on iPSC-CMs, and numerous _in vivo_ models for heart failure. We have selected our first Development Candidate, a gene therapy for the treatment of genetic cardiomyopathy. In addition, we are progressing several other programs including a small molecule compound, a gene therapy for cardiac reprogramming, and other gene therapy targets to candidate selection. Our mission is to become a preeminent biopharmaceutical company with a multi-modality approach for developing new therapies to cure heart failure.
We are seeking a creative scientist with an interest in discovery and development of novel therapies to join our growing team and lead our Medicinal Chemistry efforts. This is a unique opportunity to join a company at an early stage to lead a group to do cutting edge basic and clinical science.
* Lead a group to discover and develop novel compounds based on Tenayas pre-clinical target discovery and validation efforts
* Effectively collaborate with a multidisciplinary team comprised of both internal and external researchers and clinicians to facilitate the success of projects
* Evaluate and implement novel and emerging technologies to advance drug discovery efforts
* PhD degree in Chemistry with significant experience in advancing molecules to clinical development
* Knowledge in all aspects of small molecule therapeutic development including PK-ADME, formulation and CMC.
* Strong project leadership skills and the proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships with other scientists
* Knowledge and expertise in the field of cardiac biology is a plus
* A positive attitude, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and people efficiently
We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team that is focused on a compelling vision and mission.
We offer competitive salary and stock options. Excellent medical and non-medical benefits. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
State-of-the-art, built-to-suit office and lab space, part of a larger cluster of biotech companies, with amenities that include a bowling alley and onsite gym.
Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the South San Francisco Ferry.
Tenaya is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.