Director, Behavioral Research Scientist
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
How do investors think and feel about money? We are building a behavioral economics research team at Fidelity to deepen our understanding of the psychology behind financial decisions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about behavioral research to share your unique perspective on how to help millions of people make better choices when it comes to their wealth, health, and happiness. If this sounds like a great fit, come join our team!
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
* Work closely with partners as we craft experiments to explore how we can present information to investors in ways that optimize their decisions and lift key business metrics. Rethinking the structure of decisions to help people navigate, process, and act upon complex information.
* Support the creation of stimuli (e.g., messages, content, etc.) for pre-market experiments and in-market tests, based on key frameworks and research insights on behavioral biases.
* Help us develop and validate new ways to measure psychological traits and states, including emotional, cognitive, and motivational factors.
* Collaborate on the design of new experiences, products, and services to improve people’s financial well-being.
* Serve as a multiplier of business impact by teaching designers, marketers, and product owners fundamental principles and techniques of behavioral design to improve critical business metrics. Sample insights include the power of decision aids and defaults to make decisions easier.
THE EXPERTISE YOU HAVE:
* MA/MS in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
* 5+ years research experience in behavioral economics, judgment and decision making, affective science, or a related field
* Proven experience applying behavioral science to improve behavioral outcomes, product adoption, and/or marketing effectiveness for one or more companies or non-profits
* Financial services / FinTech experience highly preferred
THE SKILLS YOU BRING:
* Ability to partner closely with a diverse set of business partners to identify needs and deliver solutions
* Capture and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously. Develop compelling and insightful recommendations to inform strategic business decisions by leaders and teams.
* Improving the diversity of the broader research and insights team through your background and/or experience
* Proven expertise synthesizing and presenting research findings to diverse audiences
* Deep knowledge of the following:
* How to harness biases and heuristics to drive behavior change using techniques like nudging, choice architecture, and message framing
* Theoretical frameworks and measurement techniques for studying emotion and personality
* Statistical techniques (e.g., t-test, ANOVA, multiple regression) to analyze experimental and survey data using standard statistical packages (e.g., R, SPSS, Stata)
* How to tell research stories using creative, engaging, and interactive data visualizations (e.g., Tableau dashboards)
YOUR UNIQUE CAPABILITIES:
* Deep empathy for the needs and preferences of diverse populations
* Sound discernment and a strategic mentality vis–vis the broader context of your research
* Thrives in a fast-paced, agile business environment
* Leads execution against recommendations quickly and accurately.
* Prioritizes pace over perfection and is comfortable in the face of changing circumstances and business priorities
* Excited by complex and high-impact research questions
* Approaches every project with passion, conscientiousness, and inclusiveness
* Intellectually curious and open to new experiences, challenging the status quo
* Has fun at work and brings joy to the team with a positive attitude and humor!
* Enjoys teaching, mentoring, and building relationships with partners across the organization.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at [
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @, or by calling , prompt 2, option 2.