Elastomer Engineer / Chemist
Newark, New Jersey
Expiry Date :
Sat, 27 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Our client, a leading manufacturer of silicone mechanical sealing products, EMI shielding and thermal interface materials, has an opening for an Elastomer Engineer/Chemist to document, test, develop, and assign company formulations and compounds in accordance with company and customer requirements.
* Establish, document, control and distribute material formulations
* Designate the formulation necessary to meet the customer and/or specification requirements.
* Perform necessary compliance testing to ensure final products meet the customer and/or specification requirements.
* Manage and maintain all lab certifications and approvals.
* Utilize lab equipment to perform tests to perform physical tests on compounds (tensile, durometer, compression set, etc.)
* Improve processes and formulations as part of the Quality Management System.
* Interface with Purchasing to maintain necessary inventory of raw materials to meet volume demands of our customers.
* Implement established processes, procedures, and work instructions as established within the company Quality Management System.
* Prepare material testing on samples in support of production, product development, material characterization and corrective action control.
* Candidates must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this opportunity.
* Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
* 3-5 years experience in silicone/rubber industry
* Computer skills required: Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges
* Understanding of technical drawings and specifications
* Excellent communication and math skills