Emergency Veterinary Technician- Paramus- Relocation Assistance Available!
Veterinary Emergency Group
Paramus, New Jersey
Expiry Date :
Fri, 26 Mar 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Veterinary Emergency Group is currently hiring a Full-time Veterinary Technician for a busy Emergency hospital. Hours of operation are nights, weekends and holidays only. Part-time and Per diem applicants are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities to include but, not limited to:
* Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
* Assessing patients
* Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics,
* Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
* Husbandry and nursing care
* Monitoring all changes in patients and giving them all the compassionate care they deserve.
* Taking blood
* Placing catheters
* Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
* Preparing samples for outside reference labs
* Running in-house lab work
* Preparing medications
* Administering medications
* Any other field related tasks
The ideal candidate will:
* Be available Nights, Weekends and Holidays
* Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience
* Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
* Have the ability to learn Vetspire
* Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Why VEG: Emergency is our thing. It’s all we do. We offer:
* Industry-leading compensation
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 401 w/ company match
* Unlimited CE (emergency-focus)
* Up to $5,000 in Relocation Assistance for experienced technicians
VEG celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. You’ve found the equal opportunity employer you are looking for. We can’t wait to meet you!