Equity Research Associate – Technology
JMP Securities LLC
San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
JMP Securities is a full-service investment bank that provides equity research, institutional brokerage and investment banking services to public and private growth companies and their investors. The firm is a subsidiary of publicly traded JMP Group LLC (NYSE: JMP).
JMP Securities equity research department covers 400+ public companies and provides institutional clients with comprehensive industry knowledge, unique insight and actionable information. JMPs senior research analysts are charged with developing proprietary investment themes, anticipating secular and cyclical changes and producing action-oriented reports.
JMP follows companies in four broad growth industries: Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services and Real Estateand produces specialized equity research that enables investors to understand and invest in complicated growth stocks profitably.
JMP is seeking an Associate to join its Technology Research Group in San Francisco working with the software team. The Technology Research Associate will be involved in all facets of JMPs research activities and will play an integral role supporting the coverage of more than 40 publicly traded software companies, communicating with public investors, presenting to the JMP salesforce and interacting with company executives, venture capital firms and private equity firms.
The specific responsibilities of the Associate include, but are not limited to, writing research reports, financial analysis and modeling, conducting industry and company-specific research, coordinating the various processes involved in generating actionable, proprietary software research.
As part of their responsibilities, the associate will be expected to study for and pass the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam as well as the Series 86 and Series 87 exams.
* Create and maintain financial models
* Perform financial analysis and due diligence
* Write company specific and thematic investment-driven research reports
* Conduct research from the primary literature, proprietary databases, tailored industry surveys
* Attend meetings with management teams and investor conferences
* Analyze and update investment themes and ideas across the Internet sector
* Respond to requests from institutional sales force and from clients
* Must have 1-2 years of software sales experience
* Live in, or ability to relocate to, San Francisco
* A love of stocks and the stock market
* Basic understanding of accounting and finance
* Bachelor’s degree along with outstanding academic achievement, preferably in fields of finance, economics, accounting, data science or computer science
* High level of proficiency with Excel
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong leadership and team working skills
* Superior work ethic
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States