Field Application Scientist
San Carlos, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize Clear Labs’ commercial success. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) will specialize in the use of our automated Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) portfolio in applied markets. Postdocs and recent grad school grads are encouraged to apply.
The FAS supports CLs Clear SafetyTM and Clear DxTM products including customer training, on site and remote troubleshooting, as as any other pre- and post-sales technical consultation. This includes overseeing customer product evaluations, troubleshooting automated assay functionality, managing customer experience and coordinating solutions across multifunctional groups in CL. (Must be based in California)
The FAS reports to the FAS Manager and works closely with all members of the CL Customer Success Team. They may also be assigned to support strategic projects for various CL teams as needed to support the company goals and objectives. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of molecular biology including NGS and industrial applications.
* Provide subject matter expertise during pre-sales activity
* Provide product training to customers
* Provide onsite technical support to customers
* Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
* Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
* After hours on-call support may be required on a rotating basis
* Other duties as assigned
* BS in a scientific discipline related to Molecular Biology, MS or PhD strongly preferred.
* Extensive experience and understanding of sequencing, PCR, and other molecular techniques including sample preparation requirements. Experience in clinical diagnostic labs is strongly preferred over research.
* Experience with customer service and excellent communication skills
* Willingness for as much as 75% overnight travel, including travel on short notice and occasional weekends.
* Ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move approximately 60-80 lbs. on an infrequent basis
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Training & Development
* Work From Home
* Stock Option Plan