Gene Transfer Technology Scientist
Affinity Executive Search
Expiry Date :
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
My biotech client is focused on conducting leading-edge research in the gene therapy field, and they are actively recruiting for a Scientist to support their growing firm.
The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
* Design, assemble, and optimize the transgene cassette for novel recombinant AAV.
* Support the development of novel research pipeline and technology platform through collaboration with target discovery and other groups.
* Perform molecular cloning, cell culture, and assay development.
* Complete PCR based experiments for cloning and AAV titer.
* Maintain familiarity with scientific literature and apply it appropriately to projects.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
* PhD and experience with molecular cloning and mammalian cell culture.
* Experience with AAV based gene therapy in CNS or ophthalmology.
* Experience with bioinformatics tools to analyze DNA, RNA and protein sequence, and NGS.
* Experience with structural biology, protein engineering and non-coding RNA biology is preferred.
* Ability to independently plan and perform experiments that support scientific activities and project goals.