GENERAL ADULT AND FORENSIC PSYCHIATRISTS
HEARTLAND BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
Expiry Date :
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
GENERAL ADULT AND FORENSIC PSYCHIATRISTS
(Compensation Package of $350,000* per year for 40 hours per week, no RVUs)
Heartland Behavioral Healthcare, Massillon, Ohio, is seeking full time general adult and forensic psychiatrists to join its medical staff.
The mission of the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (OhioMHAS) is to provide statewide leadership of a high-quality mental health and addiction prevention, treatment and recovery system that is safe, effective, and valued by all Ohioans.
* General Adult Psychiatrist; Board Eligible or Board Certified
* Forensic Psychiatrist; Completion of forensic psychiatry fellowship
* Carry a current and valid license to practice medicine as a psychiatrist in the State of Ohio as per Section 4731.13 of the Ohio Revised Code.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Evaluate, examine, diagnose, and treat patients 18 years and older.
* Coordinate treatment team meetings and provide clinical direction to the team in development of individualized treatment plans.
* Administer and monitor psychopharmacological and psychotherapeutic treatment for each patient.
* Collaborate with in-house internists in treating and monitoring medical conditions of each patient and seek consultation, referral, and transfer to general hospital, if necessary, to maintain the well-being of the patient.
* Collaborate with outside psychiatrists and other clinicians to ensure coordination of care and continuity in community setting.
* Forensic psychiatrists, in addition to above, perform Competency Evaluations, Competency Restorations, Sanity Evaluations, file reports with courts, etc.
* Complete and maintain proper documentation of activities/treatment to ensure compliance with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Medicare, Medicaid, Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services, and hospital policies, regulations, and directives.
* Give directions to nursing and direct care professional staff in areas related to psychiatric care of patients.
* 152 beds – 6 units with about 25 beds each
* 2 Acute Civil units – 2 psychiatrists and 2 SW on each unit; approx. 10 14 patients per psychiatrist
* 2 Acute Forensic/Civil – 1.5 psychiatrists and 1.5 SW on each unit; caseload of approx. 14 18 patients each
* 2 Chronic Forensic/Civil – 1 psychiatrist and 1 SW on each; approx. 20 26 patients
* 2 internists/APRNs
* Psychologists on every unit
* Social worker for every psychiatrist
* Work week 8:00 am – 4:00 pm / 4 x 10-hour days schedule available
* Average 3 admissions per 24 hours throughout the hospital
* Salary (Board Eligible) = $220,000 (approx). Higher starting salary with fellowship, board certification and experience. Salary increases with service, experience and added qualifications.
* Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS) contributes 14% to retirement
* Voluntary tax-deferred (457b) retirement plan = up to $26,000 per year
* Student Loan repayment = $30,000 per year UNTIL PAID
* Health insurance = $21,500* (could be cashed)
* Free dental and vision insurance after the first year
* Sick leave 8 days per year, accumulates if not used = $7,600* (could be cashed at 75% value)
* Vacation 4 weeks per year and accumulates every year for up to 4 years worth
* CME Leave 5 days per year
* CME Reimbursement = $3,000*/year
* 10 federal holidays per year
* Personal leave 40 hours per year = $4,200* (could be cashed end of the year)
* Bereavement Leave = 3 days (for each instance)
* Life insurance after first year of service = per annum salary
* Free malpractice and tail coverage
* No restrictions on moonlighting
* MDOD (Medical Doctor on Duty)
* Weekdays 15.5 hours = $1315*
* One weekday per week x 1 year adds $68,000* to yearly salary
* Weekend 24 hours = $2030*
* One 24 hours call per week adds $$106,000* to yearly salary
* Entire Weekend 63.5 hours = $5375* 14%)
* One weekend per month increases salary by $65,000* per year
* Wages based on 80% of daytime wage. OPERS adds 14% to wages, not added to calculations above.
* Heartland Behavioral Healthcare is set close to the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park, just minutes south of Akron. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, Northeast Ohio has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
* Excellent work-life balance
* Low cost of living
* Learning environment and support staff;
* Psycho-pharmacologist rounds bi-monthly
* Psychologists for testing, consultation, therapy, etc.
* Grand rounds 1 2 times a month
* Teaching opportunity of residents/medical students with academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University
* TIME to evaluate, consult, read, think, treat and learn
* No productivity issues/RVUs
* Approximately 8 in-patient contacts per day
* Write only 2 to 3 notes per week
* Open Pharmacy, no insurance barriers
* No pager after hours
* No rounding on weekends
* Retirement plan of $72,000* to more than $120,000* per year
* Availability of MDOD; multiple slots open to choose from and usually only 3 admissions/24 hours (average 1.5 per evening/night)
* Holidays/Vacation/Personal Leave/Sick Leave/CME/Bereavement Leave
* STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT
* J-1/H-1 APPROVED SITE
* Residents/Fellows are welcome to apply!
Syed E Ahmed, MD
Chief Clinical Officer
GENERAL ADULT AND FORENSIC PSYCHIATRISTS (Compensation Package of $350,000* per year for 40 hours per week, no RVUs)…