Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer
San Francisco, California
Expiry Date :
Sun, 20 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Our mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it – without compromising the environment. We are looking for someone to enforce our products reliability to meet our customers needs by leading testing of the firmware and software systems.
* Lead testing of Treaus devices by executing protocols to evaluate the controls software and all expected functionality.
* Assess and approve all firmware and application version releases.
* Enforce best practices at Treau with regards to all software quality assurance related design controls.
* Set up testing frameworks for all firmware and mobile app code releases.
* Write test scripts and protocols to automate and document results from testing firmware and software releases.
* Troubleshoot quality issues on the production floor.
* Support the manufacturing team with product quality and reliability testing.
* Contribute to writing and following work and assembly instructions.
* Perform quality control processes including measuring incoming materials, documenting processes with photos and written instructions, and pre-shipping quality control testing.
* Participate in shop inventory, shop safety, materials handling, packaging, labeling, and shipping procedures.
* 2+ years of industry experience testing firmware for hardware products.
* Proven track record of ensuring quality on consumer products, and professional experience working with quality control processes.
* Experience with data entry into spreadsheets (such as Google Sheets), and execution of software test protocols following written instructions.
* Experience working with IoT or other embedded systems products.
* Associates degree or higher in Manufacturing Technology, Quality Assurance or equivalent experience in quality management systems, document control, design controls, and statistics.
* Effective communication and interaction with team members, shop users, suppliers, customers, and guests.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for short distances. Able to climb ladders, move from place to place, bend, stretch, grasp, reach, kneel, and twist.
* Authorization to work in the United States.
* Drivers license
* Experience working on projects with a combination of mechanical, electrical, and software components.
* Experience with product specifications, requirements documents, and failure modes and effects analysis.
* Experience with database quality and security standards.
* Some level of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification.
* Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
* Paid parental leave
* Commuter benefits
* Unlimited PTO within reason