Inspector I Quality Assurance
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
We are currently searching for a Quality Analyst/Inspector to be based out of Tampa, FL. Reporting to Plant Manager, this person will be responsible for performing daily physical testing and record results as required by standard on finished PVC Conduit in a thorough yet efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior success as a Quality Analyst, Quality Inspector or equivalent position with experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Perform QA Pad check on finished goods in a thorough yet efficient manner.
– Identify non-conformance issues
– Report QA Pad issues to QA Lead.
– Manage the QA Hold process when there is product that does not conform to required standards.
– Communicate to office staff and the Production Supervisor in order to facilitate proper accounting and rapid repair.
– Review Quality Control paperwork daily from operators. When inconsistencies are observed, communicate with Production Supervisor, Lead Person, and Operator.
– Conduct check and balance inventory
– Maintain clean and safe laboratory.
– Put away inventory using forklifts on Saturday and Sunday after performing the QA Pad check.
– Evaluate samples, investigate, write reports, and keep records regarding field complaints. Submit findings to QA Lead for review and communication.
– Perform special physical testing studies, where necessary, regarding audits, sample submissions, trials, or quality complaints.
– Develop knowledge and understanding of product standards, applications, and technical issues in order to assist QA Lead with customer inquiries.
– Develop knowledge and understanding of raw materials and their functions regarding PVC pipe manufacture.
– Develop knowledge and understanding of the operation, calibration, maintenance and repair of lab equipment (i.e.Instron, Burst Tester, etc.).
– Assist with material trials and recordkeeping for Production and Blending data.
– Assist with periodic audits.
– Manage sample requests from collection through shipping.
– Assist with listing agency issues.
– Create, maintain, and modify spec sheets, testing requirements, and QA relate forms and memos, as required.
– Develop and maintain a quality evaluation process that promotes and measures improvement.
– Performing other related duties and projects as assigned.
– Minimum educational requirement is high school diploma, or equivalent
– Proficient with all material handling devices including forklifts and pallet jacks
– Able to collaborate with various internal departments to cooperatively meet company’s Quality Control goals.
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
– Must have good proficiency in MS Office products including Word and Excel
– Ability to read and understand QC forms and production standards. Use measuring tools such as micrometers, OD tapes, and tape measures.
– Good understanding of basic math required for quick and accurate counting and calculations
– Attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization
– Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
– All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore’s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer’s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that’s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that’s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, a generous maternity/paternity leave, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!