International and Regulatory Specialist
Expiry Date :
Tue, 15 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
COOLA is the quintessential slice of California life. We embody the best parts of living here: a fusion of organic wellness, an outdoor, active lifestyle, and supporting local and diverse communitiespassions we want to share with you through our products.
We all try to eat better, live smarter, love more, and be more present and engaged in our experiences. We want you to enjoy every simple, happy moment and feel confident that our products are protecting and improving your skin in the healthiest way possible.
At COOLA, we choose the most innovative, scientifically advanced ingredients that are also as natural, organic, sustainable, and locally sourced as can be.
Our eco-conscious formulas are sourced with a Farm to Face philosophy, ensuring that we always use the freshest, most potent natural and organic ingredients. We incorporate antioxidant-rich Plant Protection into our sunscreens, which is a selection of plant-based ingredients including Algae and Red Raspberry Seed Oil that help naturally boost our formulas efficacy. This allows us to use fewer traditionaland potentially irritatingsunscreen actives. We also weed out all the stuff you dont want on your skin or in the environment, like parabens, GMOs, and oxybenzone.
Our dedicated team works out of a collaborative, art-filled office in southern California where we can be true to our mission and lifestyle. Were committed to giving back at every levelfrom helping to support a global awareness of skin cancer awareness and treatment around the world while protecting our global greater environment, to support and uplift local communities through how we source our ingredients.
COOLAs goal is to bring you better products, create a better community, and contribute to developing a better world. All while making you look and feel your natural, radiant best.
Our International and Regulatory Specialist helps ensure COOLA, LLC and our Brands adhere to regulatory standards domestically and internationally as we bring our products to market. They are responsible for researching regulations in all aspects and levels of business, as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
This position helps provide recommended direction and strategic guidance that contributes to the commercialization of our portfolio in international markets. This person will also help advance our competitive edge in the marketplace by maintaining accurate product documentation, records, and reports.
As this role interfaces with our vendors and across our cross-functional team, the ideal person will have the ability to communicate effectively and have strong relationship-building and relationship-management skills. He or she will be highly organized and attentive to detail, bringing rigor to our knowledge and data capture systems.
The role will report to the Project Manager, Innovation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Regulatory and Quality Control:
* Coordinate and manage Domestic and International Product Registration, while ensuring that quality standards and deadlines are met
* Manage new product international registration calendar, overseeing registration and notification of sunscreen and cosmetic products in new markets by working with internal product development team, consultant agencies, government entities, and an established distributor network
* Ensure product compliance and hedge regulatory risk through active research and consultation
* Verify and establish product claims through documentation
* Establish guidelines for international compliance (including management of international product copy and claims repository), to be used as a resource for vetting new products and markets
* Maintain proficiency and stay abreast of US and INTL requirements, regulatory legislation, and other impactful guidelines in all Channels/Territories of distribution affecting cosmetic/sunscreen industry
* Help address and educate relevant department(s) of changing legislations and impact on business
* Product Information Management:
* Maintain document repository for QILs, test results, certifications, retains, and other product-related material, ensuring that all required and requested product information documents are kept compliant, up-to-date, and accessible
* Record international product details including componentry and product attributes (copy, formula, packaging dimensions, etc.) for accessibility to internal stakeholders
* Support sales and marketing teams in answering formulary, claims, and product questions for external stakeholders
* International Strategy and Product Marketing:
* Assist in adaptation of brand statements for international markets and coordinate with public bodies to certify them
* Source and obtain relevant product certifications
* Manage creation of international artwork variants, including translation, adaptation, and regulatory review
* Oversee creation, adaptation, and review of international brand assets including catalogues, pamphlets, and brochures
* Manage use of IP and registered brand assets abroad
* Rigorous and attentive research ethic
* Experience with global product marketization, especially in Canada, the UK, and the EU
* Experience and familiarity with DIN (Canada), AUSTL (Australia) and EU registration, cosmetic compliance and regulations, and contract manufacturing a plus
* Responsive time management and ability to prioritize multiple projects and work streams
* Ability to quickly and accurately learn product details
* Keen desire to learn and take on challenging new projects
* Excellent ability in organization and record keeping
* A business acumen partnered with an attention to detail
* Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
* Strong communicative and collaborative skill set
* Ability to measure and regulate confidential and/or sensitive information, knowledge or conversations
* Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
We are located in sunny Carlsbad, California and operate in a very casual, dog friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Each person has the authority to manage their own areas of responsibility as well as think broadly and strategically about their projects. As a result, COOLA is much greater than the sum of its parts, and we owe this all to our amazing employees.
You can check the box on the basics:
* Compensation commensurate with experience
* Great health insurance
* Dental & Vision
* PTO and paid holidays
* COOLA swag
* Subsidized gym membership