Light Field Lab
San Jose, California
Expiry Date :
Mon, 19 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
This is the opportunity to work on the development of the worlds highest resolution holographic display. The Lab Technician will play a crucial role in assembling and processing advanced optical materials to be used in prototype and production light field displays. He/she will also build and test some of the worlds most advanced optical components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assemble systems in the lab, consisting of optical materials, electronics, and custom mechanical structures.
* Work with engineers to measure the properties of optical components.
* Carry out experiments to determine the best manufacturing processes for optimal optical alignment, bonding, and system testing.
* Work with engineers to develop methods for forming and processing revolutionary materials to be used in light field displays.
* Use mechanical fixtures in manufacturing and help develop requirements for such fixtures.
* Build detailed assemblies that may take several hours to complete.
* Carry out design-of-experiments (DOE) plans over periods of several days or weeks, in which one or more process parameters may be varied, and maintain detailed lab records.
* Maintain an organized lab environment, and order consumables and other common lab supplies.
* Other tasks as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
* Familiar with basic tools such as torque wrenches, ball drivers, and saws.
* Able to perform simple mechanical modifications using a hand drill or Dremel tool.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience working in a lab environment.
* Ability to find and purchase basic lab equipment and lab supplies.
* Comfortable with development and manufacturing environments.
* Familiar with the operation of industrial ovens.
* Experience operating automated testing software.
* Comfortable with clean room practices and procedures.
* Able to manipulate and modify small assemblies.
* Willing to work on detailed assemblies for several hours at a time.
* Able to carry out a DOE plan and maintain detailed lab records.
* Experience with mechanical fixtures for manufacturing.
* 3+ years of experience in a lab environment.
* Familiar with UV cure bonding and ultrasonic cleaning is desired.
* Experience with forming and molding materials for manufacturing is a plus.
* Familiarity with optical components such as lenses, test charts, cameras, microscopes, and filters are desired.
* Experience with optical assemblies, including positioning systems, alignment, and bonding is desired.
* Familiarity with optical breadboard setups consisting of translation stages, rails, mounts, and clamps is a plus.
* Lab environment and basic lab equipment
* Sourcing of basic lab equipment and supplies
* Familiar with development and manufacturing environments
* Industrial ovens
* Operation of automated testing software
* Clean room experience
* Able to build and modify small assemblies
* DOE plans
* Mechanical fixtures for manufacturing
* Basic understanding of optical components (desired)
* Assembly of optical systems (desired)
* Optical breadboard setups (desired)
* Forming and molding materials for manufacturing (desired)
* Proficient in basic computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds for 50 feet; bend and reach; work in an environment with daily changes in climate;
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, read, write, type and speak for extended periods of time;
* The employee is required to move around the premises;
* The employee must be able to observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work;
* Employee must be able to learn and apply new skills or information;
* Must be able to multi-task regularly;
* Employee must display a positive, professional image and attitude and work well with others;
* The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise levels;
* Must demonstrate placement of a metric size M1.2 washer onto a size M1.2 bolt, and then screwing this assembly into a threaded hole to secure a small bracket;
* Must demonstrate stripping and soldering two 30-gauge wires together, where one wire is fixed in position and the other is free to move;
* The position also requires the following abilities: o Ability to look at computer screen for extended periods;
o Ability to concentrate and focus for extended periods;
o Ability to handle stress;
o Ability to interact frequently and positively with others;
o Ability to meet deadlines
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs. Light Field Lab Inc. is an at-will employer and this description is not intended to imply a guarantee of permanent employment.
Major Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k