Buffalo, New York
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
DuPont is seeking a Laboratory Analyst to work at the Yerkes Plant, located in Buffalo, New York.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to)
– Sample and analyze essential materials for conformance with specifications using standard operating or non-routine procedures.
– Make up and standardize chemical solutions used in laboratory, concentrations or formulations required in special tests.
– Sample and test materials for chemical and physical properties.
– Calibrate laboratory equipment such as thermometers, hydrometers, chromatographs viscometers, differential calorimeters, introns, extruders, etc. Assist Technical in calibrating experimental equipment.
– Test new methods, equipment or procedures; make recommendations based on observations, analyses, and evaluation of test data.
– Compile and issue routine or special reports.
– Produce experimental products with specific characteristics, such as color, gloss, opacity, flammability or light absorption.
– Perform air/fume test for both safety and environmental control.
Our current opening is in the Tedlar lab. The position is scheduled to work a 12-hour rotating 4-on/4-off shift switching between one week days and the next week nights. The shift schedule is subject to alternate with a Monday through Friday, rotating shift schedule based on the needs of the business.
All applicants must successfully complete an online test to be considered for the role.
Relocation and or travel assistance for assessments is not offered for this opportunity.
Must be able to perform all duties with or without accommodation.
Must pass Drug Screen, Background check, and pre-employment Physical.
Apply online at and include a resume to be considered. Applications will not be accepted at the plant site.
Your qualification profile
– High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required
– Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field preferred
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lab environment
– Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule including holidays and weekends
– Willing and able to work overtime, sometimes on short notice
– Willing and able to wear appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment)
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments
– Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
– Good observational and record keeping skills with attention to detail, including use of computer-based spreadsheets
– Familiar and competent in the use of SAP is preferred
Production & Maintenance
NA-United States-New York-Buffalo
High School Diploma/GED (11 years)