Brooklyn, New York
Expiry Date :
Sun, 06 Dec 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
HistoWiz is the largest online histopathology company based in New York City. Our mission is to help biomedical researchers find cures by accelerating histopathology and enabling global collaboration. We are looking for a Laboratory Assistant interested in joining us in our mission and making an impact in the scientific community.
Since inception in 2013, we have doubled our month-over-month sales, driven primarily by customer referrals. We are profitable, won numerous awards and are funded by prestigious investors, including Y-Combinator and Zhenfund. We are seasoned scientists with experience at leading academic institutions and have published high impact research in top journals of biomedicine.
HistoWiz has over 1,000 paying customers globally from top academic institutions (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Stanford, HHMI) and pharmaceutical companies (e.g. CRISPR, Johnson & Johnson, Regeneron). We process tissue specimens and digitize all of the results, hosting our clients data on a proprietary platform, PathologyMapTM . This platform not only enables industry-leading turnaround time for diagnosis, but also online viewing, sharing and search. No other platform like this exists, so we are truly building something new that can bridge scientists, doctors, and patients from all over the world to conquer life-threatening diseases collaboratively instead of individually. This online platform also contains the worlds largest collection of pathology data and the first network of top pathologists.
We believe in investing in our employees professional development and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Above all, we look to foster strong team values, where we support each other through this fast-paced, ever-growing environment.
We’re looking for someone who wants to learn and understand the inner-workings of a rising biotechnology company and is excited to commit towards long term growth within the company. If this sounds like you, please apply!
* Lab organization
* Shipping and receiving client projects
* Maintain inventory and supplies
* Organize slides for packaging client specimens for shipments and delivery
* Slide and cassette printing
* Slide cleaning and scanning
* Follow strict quality control and quality assurance standard operating procedures
* Maintain accurate work records and document all progress in our Laboratory Information Systems
* Design and recommend processes, systems, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness
* Communicate with customers via phone and email
* Perform any other duties upon request
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in life science or equivalent field preferred.
* Research or work experience with histology or immunohistochemistry strongly preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
* Detail-oriented and have high integrity and discipline while working under pressure
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks
* Schedule flexibility for weekend or late shifts (outside of 9-5PM business hours)
We believe in investing in our employees professional development, and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Compensation is top-notch and stock option is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization, and for the scientific community overall. In addition, we provide the time and freedom to pursue independent projects.
* 100% coverage on employee health, vision and dental insurance, partial coverage for family
* STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State and NYC personal income tax, ~10% salary per year)
* Parental leave
* NY Commuter benefits
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Retirement planning (401k)
* 3 weeks PTO
* Team building events outside of the office