Laboratory Operations QA Engineer
San Diego, California
Expiry Date :
Fri, 06 Nov 2020 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Imagine new horizons.
BIOVIA, a Dassault Syst mes digital solutions brand, provides global
collaborative product lifecycle experiences for organizations and industries
that rely on scientific innovation for competitiveness.
We are seeking a Lab Operations QA Engineer to join our world class R & D Quality
Engineering team in San Diego, California.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Syst mes, we empower people with passion to change the world
Let s open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual
What will your role be?
* In this role, you will be responsible for supporting our Lab Operations
portfolio by designing, developing, executing, and maintaining manual and
automated cross-product business use case level functional, integration,
and performance test frameworks and test suites, in working closely with
other test engineers, developers, and product managers. Our deep
scientific software portfolio widely used in laboratories and research
facilities worldwide, and our R & D teams are aggressively moving our
products to the Cloud, so this is a great opportunity to help transform
* Design, develop, execute, and maintain manual and automated cross-product
business use case, functional, integration, and regression test
frameworks and test suites of both web and client-server laboratory
informatics applications based on business requirements.
* Collaborate with Development and QA teams to design and conduct business
use case level performance tests to ensure system reliability, capacity,
and scalability across multiple applications in multiple configurations.
* Contribute to the design and implementation of test automation frameworks
and tests targeted at data persistence, API, and UI layers, running in
on-premise and cloud environments on Windows and Linux platforms
o REST API tests using Java RestAssured, JMeter, or similar
o UI workflow and feature tests using automation frameworks using
open source technology and following design and coding standards
* Support QA convergence activities for GA, Service Pack, and HotFix
o Business use case testing
o Functional testing
o Integration testing
o PCS (performance, capacity, and scalability) testing
o Security (OWASP, Penetration) testing
o GxP Compliance user workflow testing
* Track all assigned work and deliverables on a daily basis using Jira,
SpiraTeam, and associated tools
* Ensure requirements traceability, test coverage, and exit criteria are
satisfied before closing testing related tasks.
* Participate in Go/No Go decisions; providing information on open test
areas, known issues, and other release risks
* Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills working with
global teams on complex software with varied configurations and
* Represent a strong vision for quality for the product teams, driving
practices that continuously improve product quality and customer value.
Your Key Success Factors?
* Bachelor’s (or Master s) Degree in Computer Science or Bachelor
Master s) degree in scientific fields including chemistry, biology,
biochemistry, or related fields.
* Candidates with work experience in the scientific laboratory validation
space and with degrees in Chemistry or Biology are strongly preferred.
* Prior experience with commercial or academic laboratory informatics
software solutions including Lab Management, Procedure Execution,
Materials Management, and Electronic Lab Notebooks is strongly desired.
* RDMBS experience including Oracle and Microsoft SQL.
* 2-3 years experience creating automated test solutions for complex,
distributed enterprise software preferred.
* Experience programming in Java or C# and leveraging open source tools
(examples Selenium, TestNG, Java RestAssured, Geb, Groovy, Jenkins,
Ansible, PostMan) for validating REST APIs with JSON and web interfaces
* Experience with software debugging tools.
* Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, problem-solving,
and analytical skills
* Conversant in software development and testing methodologies. Practical
experience in software teams employing continuous integration, continuous
testing, and continuous delivery.
Show moreShow less