Laboratory Tech in Training
Little Rock, Arkansas
Expiry Date :
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Train in preparing histologic slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologists. Work is performed in accordance with standard laboratory practice under limited supervision.
* Clinical Duties
* Responsible for becoming proficient in day-to-day operations of Lab Services; specifically:
* Assess tissue adequacy for testing
* Perform quality control checks on materials produced.
* Completion of equipment maintenance and logs
* Learn to Troubleshoot-determining causes of operating errors and deciding corrective course of action
* Aid in cross-training
* Controlling operations of equipment and systems
* Monitor and assess performance of self to make improvements or take corrective action
* Assist in Lab for other duties as assigned
* Administrative Duties
* Assist in Accessioning
* Maintenance of Lab logs and tracking sheets
* All SOPs must be followed
* Any discrepancies, errors and/or deviation from the SOP’s or Policies must be reported to the Lab Director, Lab Manager and/or Admin Lead
* Laboratory Standards for Clinical testing must be maintained.
Bachelor’s or Associates degree from a four or two year-college or university. Certification eligible.Must meet ASCP education requirements having a total of 12 semester hours of chemistry and biology combined.
Histology-specific and Laboratory Technical skills
Proficient in MS Word