Lead Data Scientist
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Aspen Capital is in search of a Lead Data Scientist to join the Portfolio Analytics team. This position will build and implement key projects for key financial products in the commercial and residential real estate space. You will have direct impact on the business and will work closely with senior leadership. Our ideal candidate is passionate about driving key strategic projects that will move the business forward.
Day to day you will
* Drives continuous efforts to develop models from our own and external data to improve to meet strategic business objectives
* Leverage trending technology and modern data science techniques to draw insights from data and analytics
* Deliver crisp communication of recommended solutions to senior leaders, operators and other stakeholders
* Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
* Assist with other ad-hoc projects as needed
* Masters Degree or higher in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, or Physics
* 5+ years of demonstrated experience in an advanced data science role preferably in the fintech
* Strong business mindset, possessing the ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders
* Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and juggle between multiple priorities, to lead high quality work adhering to tight deadlines
* Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms
* Expertise with SQL, R or Python and data visualization tools for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation
* Well versed with applying Statistical and ML techniques
* Experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred
Work with cutting-edge technology. Data Science is in the DNA of Aspen Capital and we hope it is in yours as well. Join us as we rewrite the rules of residential and commercial mortgages and real estate.
We are a private equity firm based in Portland, OR and New York, NY. We utilize data and technology to enhance business insight, propel growth, transform our investment strategies and business operations, and execute industry-leading deals. The unique Aspen Capital worldview is reflected in a nimble, efficient organizational structure that allows the company to capitalize on market demands, seize business opportunities and excel in a wide range of roles including investment, lending and servicing, acquisitions, management, joint ventures, asset management, recapitalization and advisory services.
We offer competitive salary and a great benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, covering 100% of the employee premiums and 50% for dependents. We provide life insurance, short & long term disability insurance, 15 days of PTO, 8 paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with company match up to 4%. We have a dog friendly work environment, and casual dress.
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
*We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.