Lead Firmware QA Engineer
Expiry Date :
Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Biofourmis is a digital therapeutics company that pioneered and is the leader in Personalized Predictive Care. Our disruptive turnkey technology uses advanced clinical grade wearable sensors to continuously monitor bio vitals and process them using our patented and FDA approved AI/ML algorithms to predict changes in physiology that are co-related to medical and disease events in the cardiac, oncology, respiratory, and other therapeutic areas.
We are a dynamic high-growth company, having quadrupled in size in the last 12 months. We have offices in Boston, Singapore, Bangalore, and Zurich, backing from some of the premier venture capitalists in the world, and enjoy the confidence of customers who are leaders in the healthcare space. Our talented team sports PhDs in Data Science and Biostatistics, world class systems and mobile software engineers, accomplished hardware and firmware engineers, and leaders in the clinical operations space.
Biofourmis technology is applicable to a multitude of different therapeutics areas. We are building out a dramatically expanded of solutions to address heart failure, oncology, and infectious diseases. Our solutions are based on an innovative wearable device that measures a wide range of biomarkers common ones such as Heart Rate and Respiratory Rates, as well as novel ones such as Pulse Transit Times. Our device is capable of continuous monitoring and communicates over a variety of protocols including LTE, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. To provide the most value to our customers, it is critical that we discover bugs early and fix them before they have any negative impact.
The Lead Firmware QA Engineer will report to the Lead Firmware Engineer and take technical ownership of the testing and validation of our firmware development. This includes designing a test plan for releases, creating test cases for manual and automated tests as well as collaborating with Senior Firmware Engineers to design easily testable firmware.
As the Lead Firmware QA Engineer, you are expected to work well with some ambiguity. You will be expected to understand the value of traceability and verifiability for our firmware and ensure that it is tested in a thorough and well documented way.
The responsibilities are expected to evolve over time as Biofourmis continues to grow and ship more products.
* Create new test plans for firmware on existing devices encompassing component, system, and integration tests
* Integrate these test plans with our internal systems for traceability and visibility (Jira & Confluence)
* Work with engineers to design and implement test fixtures for automated tests
* Collaborate with Firmware Engineers, Analytics Engineers and Web Engineers to design testable APIs
* Support the verification of firmware and systems, Comply with quality management system and applicable regulatory requirements
* Establish and execute verification plans against units, subsystems, and systems in simulated, emulated and laboratory environment
* Collaborate in cross-functional development teams
* Self-starter who is curious and loves to learn new things
* Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related 4-year degree & field
* 5+ years of experience testing new products
* Experience working with embedded systems, and systems that have minimal user interfaces
* Experience with communication protocols and interfaces such as TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LTE.
* Experience developing in an IEC 62304-compliant environment is a major plus