Lead-Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Expiry Date :
Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
FT, EVENING SHIFT: 3:00PM-11:30PM WITH VARYING TIMES ON OVERNIGHT SHIFT. ROTATING HOLIDAYS. THIS IS AN EVENING/NIGHT SHIFT LEAD POSITION.
What You Will Do:
Lead the daily activities and provides oversight of workflow and operations of the assigned area.
* Oversee the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory. Problem solves and provides technical
assistance to staff.
* Assign and schedule work for assigned shifts.
* Prepare daily and weekly time and attendance reports.
* Conduct department meetings.
* Perform various clinical laboratory test, analyze and interpret test results, and ensure accuracy.
* Assist with data collection or special projects for difficult cases.
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
* Oversee the documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Approved Local Exception.
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of
Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred .
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of
Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred.
* Bachelors degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
* 2 years of experience required.
* Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology
* 3 years laboratory experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Baltimore area, Ascension Saint Agnes is recognized as an employer that provides an open, highly collaborative work environment where our workforce reflects the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates as well as a rich learning environment and countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. As an associate, you will find rewarding career opportunities within our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, the Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center and Saint Agnes Foundation.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Agnes is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement [
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Right to Work [