Lead Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Expiry Date :
Wed, 07 Jul 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
We Are Hiring:
Lead Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) – General Lab – Full-Time (40hrs), Days – Ascension St. Joseph’s Hospital – Milwaukee, WI
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday – shifts primarily 5:30am-2pm and 6:30am-3pm. Weekend Rotation (Every third weekend) & Holiday Rotation.
What You Will Do:
Lead the daily activities and provides oversight of workflow and operations of the assigned area.
* Oversee the direction and operation of the clinical laboratory.
* Problem solve and provide technical assistance to staff.
* Assign and schedule work for assigned shifts.
* Prepare daily and weekly time and attendance reports.
* Conduct department meetings.
* Perform various clinical laboratory tests, analyze and interpret test results, and ensure accuracy.
* Assist with data collection or special projects for difficult cases.
* Demonstrate in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
* Oversee the documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) preferred.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) preferred
* Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
* 2 years of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team: