Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Menlo Park, California
Expiry Date :
Sat, 06 Feb 2021 23:59:59 GMT
Apply Job :
Our client is looking for an experienced and driven Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist with California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License to perform UNITY, the only non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT) that can detect inherited disorders such as sickle cell disease, spinal muscular atrophy, and cystic fibrosis in the baby directly from maternal blood. These disorders are extremely severe, but early detection and intervention can significantly improve outcomes. You will join their growing superstar CLIA team responsible for end-to-end processing of pregnancy blood samples in high complexity, high-growth CLIA setting.
* Performs clinical laboratory assays to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
* Analyzes test results and enters findings in LIMS.
* Performs quality control studies to ensure the accuracy of clinical data.
* Engages in method validation under the direct supervision of the Laboratory Director and General Supervisor.
* Verifies instrument performance by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
* Organizes and contributes to R&D to CLIA tech transfer and troubleshooting, training, and validations
* Bachelor’s degree in the chemical, physical or biological sciences
* 2 – 5+ years of related experience in a clinical setting (or 1- 3+ years of experience for Senior CLS position)
* A current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License that meets requirements for Testing Personnel under CLIA regulations (42 CFR, part 493) (ASCP, CGMBS or generalist license is required).
* Hands-on training and expertise with manual molecular biology protocols, including DNA extraction and PCR
* Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing
* Advanced knowledge of Google Docs, Google Calendar, Word, Excel, Basic Statistics and familiarity with LIMS systems
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work flexibly and well under given timeframes. Must be able to multitask, be a self-starter and dynamic team player with excellent verbal and written skills.
* Knowledge of medical genetics
* Experience in a cell-free DNA setting
Our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.